We live a world where the future of democracy is no longer assured, and the power and opacity of corporations threatens to undermine society. If you want to make a difference, want to make sure that fundamental rights and democratic values are maintained, join OpenCorporates, the largest open database of companies in the world.
OpenCorporates is a truly unique company, unlike any you’ll come across. Here’s why:
- Our primary goal is to make the world a better place – working hard to make information on companies more accessible, more visible, more useful, for the public benefit.
- We’ve bootstrapped our way from 3 million companies to over 135 million over the past 6 years, with a successful, sustainable business model, and are now poised for a major expansion.
- We work with the world’s leading transparency organisations such as Transparency International and Global Witness to help tackle corruption and abuse of power.
- Our data is used by leading media organisations around the world to investigate wrong-doing (last year it led to a minister resigning).
- We have tangible impact on the world, for the better, being used regularly in anti-corruption investigations, to investigate organised crime, and the opaque world of global corporate giants.
- You can read a lot more on our blog and our about page.
Our work – shining a light on the corporate world – has never been more important. If this appeals to you, get in contact, and start making a difference to the world.