Sales Development Representative
OpenCorporates exists to make information about companies and the corporate world more accessible, more discoverable, and more usable, and thus give citizens, community groups, journalists, other companies, and society as a whole the ability to understand, monitor and regulate them.
We're based in Hoxton, in the heart of London's technology hub.
OpenCorporates is the largest open database of companies and company data in the world, with in excess of 170 million companies from over 130 jurisdictions. Our primary goal is to make information on companies more usable and more widely available for public benefit, particularly to tackle the use of companies for criminal or anti-social purposes, for example corruption, money laundering and organised crime.
Our customers include the likes of Mastercard, PwC, CapitalOne and Factset. By charging commercial users for proprietary access to the structured data, we can make our data available for free to journalists, NGOs and academics via our website and API. You can read more about the impact we have, and the data side of things, on our blog.
- One team' spirit. We win together, we solve problems together and we have fun doing it.
- Beat the odds, and change the world for the better. Our mission challenges existing companies power and anti-social interests. We need to win this fight and we will do it by fostering a user-first mindset, obsessively focusing on the delivery of client success and utility.
- Collaborative learning and personal growth. We learn from each other, and strive to be better tomorrow than we are today.
- Act fearlessly with pride and passion. Our work is hard – and matters. We trust each other to do our best, to innovate and to take pride in our work. And we support each other when we fail.
If this appeals to you, get in contact, and start making a difference to the world.
Sales Development Representative
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative who has a track record within the data industry and with consultative sales experience in a similar role. You'll be responsible for proactively reaching out to the market and engaging new leads. The successful candidate will:
- Initiate sales processes by outbound prospecting to generate leads and follow up on warm leads
- Engage with prospects to uncover needs, qualify potential opportunities and build relationships
- Generate revenue by developing leads, speaking to key decision makers over telephone / email / social media
- Articulate OpenCorporates value proposition and the features of our offering
- Partner with the Business Development Managers to set up meetings with new prospects
Key Skills and Competencies
- Experience of working for a data company is highly desirable
- 1 - 2 years experience in a Sales Development role
- Knowledge of the sales process from lead generation to relationship management
- Ambitious and results orientated
- Well organized with the ability to prioritise and handle increasing responsibility over time
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 28 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Additional day of holiday for each year of service
- Flexible start and finish times and working from home days
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous annual learning budget
- Season ticket loan
- Company Pension scheme
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status