Head of Fundraising
OpenCorporates exists to make information about companies and the corporate world more accessible, more discoverable, and more usable, to give citizens, community groups, journalists, other companies, and society as a whole the ability to understand, monitor and regulate them.
We're based in Hoxton, in the heart of London's technology hub.
OpenCorporates is the largest open database of companies and company data in the world, with in excess of 170 million companies from over 130 jurisdictions. Our primary goal is to make information on companies more usable and more widely available for public benefit, particularly to tackle the use of companies for criminal or anti-social purposes, for example corruption, money laundering and organised crime.
Our customers include the likes of Mastercard, PwC, CapitalOne and Factset. By charging commercial users for proprietary access to the structured data, we can make our data available for free to journalists, NGOs and academics via our website and API. You can read more about the impact we have, and the data side of things, on our blog.
Head of Fundraising
This is a brand new position to join our leadership team and create the fundraising agenda from scratch. In this role you will responsible for:
- Building a best in class fundraising approach and pipeline to ensure that we expand & optimise an array of funding streams so that we can deliver our ambitious growth plans
- Developing and implementing a fundraising strategy to define and drive engagement from variety of sources (including trust funds, foundations, philanthropy, governments and NGOs and also private investment e.g. consider quasi equity, impact investment and more)
- Creating detailed action plans and responsibilities for each target group and directing the OpenCorporates broader team to implement these to maximise funding opportunity
- Defining and managing responsibilities for delivering on grant requirements on time and to high quality
- Build strong deep, partnerships with existing and potential funders in collaboration with broader OpenCorporates team
- Reviewing and updating plans of engagement for all donors on a regular basis
- Ensuring that funding opportunities and risk to funding is identified and communicated to key stakeholders and mitigated
- Ensuring all fundraising efforts comply with legislative frameworks
- Input into our brand and marketing plans to ensure it is clear to all we are open for investment to further our mission
- Working collaboratively with our team to deliver on our mission, vision and wider business aims.
Key Skills and Competencies
- A successful track record of creating and nurturing key partnerships that increase income and funding
- Experience fundraising through variety of sources for example trusts, foundations, governments and NGO’s and private investment
- Excellent financial literacy and experience of preparing income and expenditure budgets
- Experience building a major donor programme
- Proven track record of working with senior management teams to influence and collaborate
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation both internally and externally
- Track record of building long-term, productive relationships with a diverse range of funders internationally
- Inspired by our mission
Please note, we welcome part time and full time applicants.
- We offer 26 days holiday (plus 8 public holidays)
- We will add you to our pension scheme
- Flexible start and finish times around core hours, if you need to work remotely sometimes because of kids, Amazon deliveries, plumbers etc., that’s cool.
- Annual individual learning budget towards personal development
- A relaxed culture with a focus on freedom and autonomy
- We’re based in London’s Old Street/Hoxton/Silicon Roundabout
- Regular team outings and social
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.