Customer Response Agent
OpenCorporates exists to make information about companies and the corporate world more accessible, more discoverable, and more usable, and thus give citizens, community groups, journalists, other companies, and society as a whole the ability to understand, monitor and regulate them.
We're based in Hoxton, in the heart of London's technology hub.
OpenCorporates is the largest open database of companies and company data in the world, with in excess of 170 million companies from over 130 jurisdictions. Our primary goal is to make information on companies more usable and more widely available for public benefit, particularly to tackle the use of companies for criminal or anti-social purposes, for example corruption, money laundering and organised crime.
Our customers include the likes of Mastercard, PwC, CapitalOne and Factset. By charging commercial users for proprietary access to the structured data, we can make our data available for free to journalists, NGOs and academics via our website and API. You can read more about the impact we have, and the data side of things, on our blog.
Customer Response Agent
The Customer Response Agent will help with customer operations which is a value-add function of our organisation and a central tenet of great overall UX. The successful candidate will:
- Lead Tier 1 response
- Handle first level contact utilising standard email processes and responses. A large proportion of our responses are template legal responses which must be annotated with specific information, so attention to detail to determine the right response and to ensure our processes are followed is critical
- For client/user issues, use standard templated responses or for more substantive queries that need a more “second line response” direct the query for internal stakeholders to respond
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention (e.g. legal or website / api issues) and escalate as per the processes
- Follow up on user queries with internal stakeholders to ensure complete resolution of issues within appropriate timeframes
- Undertake client facing tasks following standardised checklists
- Initiate the process and gather evidence for free public API accounts / bulk data for internal sign off
- Inform management of any recurring problems or concerns
Key Skills and Competencies
- Experience assisting customers in a helpdesk or customer support role via email
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise importance of workload (based on urgency/seriousness of case)
- Attention to detail and process and ability to manage multiple priority queues in an environment where we receive a lot of queries
- Ability to escalate as per the processes / when additional input should be considered
- Patience for dealing with difficult customer-service situations
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- We offer 26 days holiday, pro rata (plus public holidays)
- We will add you to our pension scheme
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.