Who we are
OpenCorporates is the largest open database of companies and company data in the world, with in excess of 160 million companies from over 130 jurisdictions. Our primary goal is to make information on companies more usable and more widely available for public benefit, particularly to tackle the use of companies for criminal or anti-social purposes, for example, corruption, money laundering and organised crime.
As a social enterprise, we are unique in this space, not just by advocating for a better, fairer, more transparent world, but also providing the tools and data to achieve that. We have led the world in making open company data a norm, and are an essential resource for journalists, anti-corruption investigators, law enforcement, and the wider business community.
OpenCorporates is a truly unique company, unlike any you’ll come across. Here’s why:
- Our primary goal is to make the world a better place – working hard to make information on companies more accessible, more visible, more useful, for the public benefit.
- We’ve bootstrapped our way from 3 million companies to over 135 million over the past 6 years, with a successful, sustainable business model, and are now poised for a major expansion.
- We work with the world’s leading organisations from Mastercard, PwC, CapitalOne and Factset to Global Witness, Transparency International and the World Bank.
- Our data is used by leading media organisations around the world to investigate wrong-doing.
- We have a tangible impact on the world, for the better, being used regularly in anti-corruption investigations, to investigate organised crime and the opaque world of global corporate giants.
- You can read a lot more on our blog and our about page.
- One team' spirit. We win together, we solve problems together and we have fun doing it.
- Beat the odds, and change the world for the better. Our mission challenges existing companies power and anti-social interests. We need to win this fight and we will do it by fostering a user-first mindset, obsessively focusing on the delivery of client success and utility.
- Collaborative learning and personal growth. We learn from each other, and strive to be better tomorrow than we are today.
- Act fearlessly with pride and passion. Our work is hard – and matters. We trust each other to do our best, to innovate and to take pride in our work. And we support each other when we fail.
If this appeals to you, get in contact, and start making a difference to the world.
The Client Manager will be in charge of managing existing and new clients, as well as supporting the commercial team with our global partnerships. The goal is to keep clients for as long as possible, grow these relationships and bring in new ones. Tasks involve sales, client management, client planning, client meetings, project management and marketing.
The information below may not cover everything involved in the position but indicates the size and scope of the role and may be subject to change as the role develops and the business expands.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Global Partnerships - 30% of the role
- Support the commercial team to connect and establish future global partnerships
- Help to onboard new global partnerships
- Help to manage, nurture and grow existing global partnerships
- Produce relevant and up to date sales and marketing collateral to enable our
- partners to be as successful as possible
- Tracking the KPI’s and data on success of the partnership
Direct Sales - 30% of the role
- Achieve sales targets and grow the business inline with the commercial strategy by identifying, developing and building a pipeline of customer
- Manage all direct incoming sales enquiries, prioritising and filtering in line with the business strategy
- Generate sales among client accounts, including converting new clients, upselling and cross-selling existing
- Manage commercial contract agreements
- KPI- Pipeline stats, revenue
Customer Success - 30% of the role
Responsible for managing the on-boarding of new and existing commercial clients
Support the commercial team to execute the commercial strategy
Working with the wider team to shape the future development of the products and services
Develop and maintain a long-term relationship with clients by owning the client engagement plans and processes to drive client retention and success
Forecasts and tracks client account metrics and KPIs
Completing administrative work, as required
Managing a portfolio of clients
Coordinate and work across teams to ensure consistent client service e.g. tech and data
Keep records of client communications and transactions using company software and tools
Attending client meetings, as required
KPI - User satisfaction, revenue (including renewals)
Marketing support - 10% of the role
Exploit collaborative marketing opportunities with clients
Content creation of new sales and marketing materials
Ensuring all sales collateral is up to date and relevant for the audience
KPI’s - lead generation, pipeline stats
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- We offer 26 days holiday (plus public holidays).
- We will add you to our pension scheme.
- Are you interested in a conference, training course or book? You got it.
- If you want to work remotely sometimes because kids, Amazon deliveries, plumbers, sick cat etc., that's cool.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you require any support with the application process please contact email@example.com